This blog is dedicated to the memory of David Weintraub, who took on insidious astroturfers and won.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Matt Osborne Guilty of Defamation



A person named Matt Osborne wrote that I have schizophrenia. That is what's known in the law business as defamation per se. I saw it published at a website called Crooks and Liars.

Osborne has been in that weird Neal Rauhauser milieu for as long as I can remember.

So what am I supposed to do?

I've never been to a shrink. I've never taken medication. I've never been diagnosed as mentally ill. Defamation per se occurs when words in themselves prove actual defamation. You can't libel people. It's not legal. It's not free speech.

The best defense against a defamation charge is the truth. The corollary of that is the best offense for making a charge of defamation stick is to show that the words add up to a vile and menacing, supertroll smear.


No comments: