This blog is dedicated to the memory of David Weintraub, who took on insidious astroturfers and won.

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Why my videos don't go past five minutes

I use ad blocker. It's the internet's condom. I have no clue how any money is made off of Youtube and other platforms unless they are getting tons o'money from the state apparatus. If most of us have enough common sense to avoid ads, then how does everything mysteriously keep going for such a bubble?

Housing became a bubble and then crashed. Why don't the big platforms ever do the same?

Another common sense idea I applied was taping over the small camera on the monitor. Why do I only make short videos? I think a while back out of paranoia I deleted the video making software that came with the computer. I have been working off of a video maker which only allows up to five minutes. That is the free feature. They want folks to upgrade. I'm not going to do that. I'd rather make ten five-minute videos and post those than pay for the ability to produce much longer rants.

I grew up in Youtube when we were only able to upload up to ten minutes. Five minutes is not much worse. I am unpaid, period. And no one should expect anyone to waste more than five minutes on anything. If people can't make their points without long drawn out gratuitous schtick with of course always mentioning for folks to hit subscribe, the bell, leave comments, donate to the patreon or whatever, masses of folks shouldn't be able to care less about what is being said. It is time for results, not medium reboots and irrelevant zeitgeist power struggles. Either the internet is free or it's snot. There is no half pregnant and neither should there be a grotesque rigged system which decides who is "good" enough to merit free speech rights. The slippery slope has been activated.






No comments: